At Motor City Woman Studios, we work with a lot of professionals. From entrepreneurs, nonprofit executives, psychologists, authors and everyone in between. Over the years, we’ve noticed the rise in podcasts being utilized as a marketing tool – not simply a listening experience. We work closely with people to leverage their podcast and turn it into a pipeline for new business.
One way to do this is to sponsor your podcast. Being a sponsor gives you the opportunity to intentionally curate content that puts you a position to sell. For example, Nike has a podcast called Trained. It is an excellent way for Nike to further promote their mission and share conversations that inspire and educate. It goes beyond a commercial because it gives us the opportunity to hear from industry insiders, experts and athletes from across the world.
You can do the same thing. Instead of purchasing yet another ad, you can host your own podcast that puts you and your business/organization/brand on a pedestal. Here are 5 advantages to sponsoring your own podcast:
- Align episodes with your marketing strategy. Choose topics geared around a recent launch, initiative or announcement.
- Interview guests that will expand your reach. Seek out guests who may offer complementary services so, you can reach their customers as well.
- Insert commercials for your business in the podcast. This can be at the beginning, middle or the end and gives you the chance to do a hard-sell.
- Provide a call-to-action in the closing of every episode – direct listeners to a website, provide a promo code or encourage newsletter subscription.
- You can talk about what matters to you! You set the tone and position yourself as a subject matter expert.
Podcasts are continuing to evolve. With the right intention and tools, you can use a branded podcast as part of your marketing strategy. Have questions? Start your journey for a free consultation!